To minimize the trauma of child victims of abuse by responding to their immediate and long term needs in a child friendly, safe environment.
We envision a community that is free from violence against children.
Child – Centered: Our first priority is the well-being of the child. We are committed to assisting parents and other family members to provide a protective, loving and supportive environment for the child.
Multidisciplinary Team Response: Collaboration with criminal justice, child welfare, victim advocacy, medical and mental health professionals is essential to an effective response to child abuse and maltreatment.
Trauma-informed: We are committed to providing trauma-informed care to all clients including child victims and their caregivers, recognizing the principles of safety, trustworthiness, choice, collaboration and empowerment in the delivery of all services.
Integrity: A commitment to compassion, professionalism and ethical behavior informs everything we do. We strive to treat our clients, our staff and our team partners with dignity and respect, valuing diversity and recognizing privacy and confidentiality.
Meet the Staff
- Teresa Wright, B.S., Director of Forensic Services
- Sheba Phillips, MSW, Community-Based Therapist
- Ashley Culverhouse Lindsay, B.A., Executive Director & Forensic Interviewer
- Susan Bradshaw, LMFT, Child & Adolescent Therapist
- Allison P. Owen, M.S., LMFT, Clinical Director
- Jennifer Lockhart, B.A., Office Manager & Client Services Coordinator
- Martha Giddings, Ph.D. LCSW, Caregiver Support Therapist
Board of Directors
- Carla Williams – District Attorney’s Office, Chairperson
- Lu Williams – Valdosta Lowndes County Industrial Authority, Vice Chairperson
- K. Paige Dukes – Lowndes County Board of Commissioners, Immediate Past Chairperson
- Eugene Bell – Lowndes County Constable
- Allen Bice – Farmers & Merchants Bank
- Scarlet Brown – Valdosta City Schools
- Joyce Evans – Lowndes County Commissioner
- Gail Finley – Lowndes County DFCS
- Haley Goble – Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office
- Lacie Guy, DC – Valdosta Chiropractic & Rehab
- Susan Mullis – Business Owner, The Flower Gallery
- Elaine Plummer – Valdosta Police Department
- Denise Rackley, CPA – Valenti, Rackley & Associates, LLC
- Sara Riley – Choices for Life of Georgia
- Lindsey Scarpate – Choices for Life of Georgia
- Anne Shenton – Nexxtep
- Tonya Smith – Community Volunteer
- Lee Tarpley – BB&T
- Penny S. Turner – Lowndes County Schools
- Richard Welch – First State Bank
- Shirley Britt
- Chief Brian Childress – Valdosta Police Department
- Deanna Folsom
- Ashleigh Kenny
- Janice H. Loeffler, M.D.
- Bradfield M. Shealy – District Attorney, Southern Judicial Circuit
- Cheryl Powell
- Sheriff Ashley Paulk – Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office
- Dr. William Todd Cason
- Courtney Sheeley
- Wes Taylor
- Rhonda Wheeler
- Sandra Wilcher, LCSW